Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Family vacation begins


It’s amazing how much preparation is needed for a 3 night trip to Orlando, or maybe it’s just me? Ginger the dog, had to be taken to the kennel, mail pick-up was arranged with a good neighbor, and there were a few other details that I’ll discuss later.  Please keep in mind that I had been praying for a safe, enjoyable family get-a-way and planning to milk my 3 nights at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort for all they were worth! Me and Lil Ma had never stayed *on property*, don’t know at this point if and when we’ll ever do so again, so at this point, I’m going for as complete a Disney experience as we could afford, within reason.  Check-in time was late, like 3pm, so we took our time leaving home.  Soon, our bags were packed and we were ready to go.
We had a late breakfast at I-HOP (our favorite b-fast restaurant). 

Boo drove, Lil Ma watched dvds 
and I read (what else?) 

Soon, we picked up Oldest Ma & Middle Ma and checked in.  Pook received an “It’s My Birthday” button that entitled her to countless cast member (Disney staff) birthday wishes and a few special treats.  Oldest Ma took a few pictures.








 To back up for a sec, before we checked-in, Middle Ma suggested that we get our souvenirs from Wally World.  WalMart in Orlando carries discounted Disney stuff. Yay, she didn’t have to tell me (the discount detective) twice. Remember, I’m going for *The Experience* (affordably). So we went and picked up snacks & drinks (that we never ate, more about that later), a shirt each for me & lil Ma, a big beach towel for lil Ma, an autograph book with a pen (that came in its own pouch that COST LESS and IMO was nicer than the ones at the park *discount snobbery*), a picture album, a frame (for my office), a magnet (for the fridge), and a Minnie Mouse ears hairband that Pook insisted on wearing backwards everyday *shrugs*.  I pick my battles…

To be continued….

No comments:

Post a Comment