Thursday, August 25, 2011

Family Vacation Resumes

Our room at CBR was nothing over the top special, but we didn’t hang out much there anyway.  I rented a stroller in Orlando before we left home.  It was delivered to the resort and was at the concierge when we arrived.  I knew we would do a lot of walking and I felt that expecting Pook to walk several acres per day, in the hot Florida sun, in July would have been a little bit too much!  Not to mention that if she fell asleep, poor Boo would have to carry her!  Pook  is not like the older two were. No…she is a healthy size!  


 So after unloading the truck, Pook and I changed into our WalMart/Disney shirts and we hit the road. We drove everyday.  No resort buses for us!  But not before her two sisters blessed her with birthday gifts.  



This was Thursday evening and we had 7pm dinner reservations at the Crystal Palace, which is a character buffet.  To be on time, we hustled over there after getting into the park and didn’t stop to see or do anything else in the MK.  



 The featured characters were Pooh and his gang.  They visited each table, so between running to the buffet for refills and hugging/taking pictures with characters, that’s pretty much it for your evening.   





That’s okay with me because, trips like this are all about the kids! J 

I hate to tell you all this but I saw something happen at the buffet, but I won’t tell it unless someone asks….




After dinner, the Electrical Light Parade started, so we watched.  I think we accidentally- saw it/ran into it- a total of 3-4 times over the period of days when we were there. The music has a tendency to get stuck in your head and drives you crazy (ask Middle Ma)! 






After the parade ended and a mosquito finished feasting on my back (I haven’t been attacked by a mosquito like that since childhood!) I decided to ride the Haunted Mansion for old times’ sake.  I tried to get Pook to come and I’m glad she didn’t.   She asked me, “If it’s not scary, why does it say HAUNTED?”  Pretty logical summation to me, so I didn’t push it.  She waited with dad while I rode alone…and when I say alone, I mean that I stood at the entrance in the semi-dark ALONE for about 10 minutes before some other riders finally showed up and the man opened the door to let us in. There were only about 15 people total (it was getting late) and I rode in the little car by myself.  Well, I must have forgotten the creepiness factor because it WOULD have been too much for Pook,,,although another little 7 or 8 y.o. little girl did ride it…she’s not Pook. 
 
Next, we all rode the Jungle Cruise in the dark. I was surprised they ran it at night but the boat has headlights.

Details on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment