Monday, September 12, 2011

Vacation Day 2


   

 
 Waking up on Friday morning, I knew to make time for Lil Ma to hit the pool at the resort or there would be trouble.  *Cue Clint Eastwood movie music* So I set aside two hours for the pool.  The grounds of the resort and the cast members were extra nice.  It was kind of deserted which was fine by me. 
 

These ducks must be on the Disney payroll because they charmed Pook as if they worked there!  She walked over to them and they walked up to her!  Really, they must have been looking for food.  When they saw that she had none, they kicked rocks in the other direction.
 

It would be nice to chill out there for a week, take time to swing…but hey, we had 3 nights minus 1 down, so we headed to breakfast. 

 We got these cups for souvenirs and because they could be refilled without limit.  (Note that I didn’t get cups at WallyWorld because I knew we’d be getting these).  And we got Middle Ma’s castmember discount on the cups. *cabbage patching*

We used our quick service credit for breakfast, which was tasty.  The hike back to the room was pretty significant and the humidity was pressing us down like a Panini –maker but we returned, changed and made our way back to the pool.  
 
 Here is where the torture begins:  I’ve been having issues with my hair staying loc’d. If it gets wet, it puffs up and unravels. That includes routine shampooing! So my stylist has started washing my hair herself, so that it won’t come loose. When it has come loose, we have to add about 2 hours onto the retightening process.  Makes for some long nights (we talking 1-2 in the a.m.) and costs extra $! So I asked her about getting in the pool and she told me to get a *good* (not just any) swim cap.  So I went to Target and found one made by Speedo. It was black and I’m thinking, “Great, it’ll match with my black and white swim suit…” NO, NOT GOOD! It was like having a smoking hot, tight car tire on my head!  The sun beat down on it and that black rubber ABSORBED the heat! It just started BURNING MY HEAD! I had to repeatedly (every 10 minutes) dunk my head under water just to stay alive!  And it was TIGHT as all get out!  Fortunately, not an ounce of water came into contact with my hair but HAM, MERCY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment